id="info"

General discussion

Inspiron 6000 log in issues

By Bronn ·
I received this laptop and can't get into it at all. There's a password right at boot up. I've taken the keyboard out and removed the battery, tried the dell factory passwords, a boot disk all to no avail. Any ideas??? I can't find the original own

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

You can't fix that yourself.

by seanferd In reply to Inspiron 6000 log in issu ...

Call Dell. You'll have to be able to prove you are the legal owner, and it will probably cost you. But you can always find out what your options are.

As you seem to indicate this is a system (BIOS) password, no boot disk will help. If removing the battery worked, it wouldn't be much of a security option.

Collapse -

I'll call Dell

by Bronn In reply to You can't fix that yourse ...

I'll call them and see what they have to say. Thanks

Collapse -

Take ownership before you call Dell

by pandppc In reply to Inspiron 6000 log in issu ...

Before you call Dell, go to www.support.dell.com. Get help for that service tag and look for an option somewhere around there to register ownership or report it stolen. If you can take ownership, then it has not been reported stolen and you can get assistance from Dell. That is a power-on password. There are a few models for which a boot disc password crack exists but if you don't have that, there is NOTHING you can do. Dell is the only one who can help you. And yes, they will charge you for the tech support since it is not in warranty, but it would be even more if you are not the owner.

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Operating Systems Forums