id="info"

Question

Installing windows 2008 on an enterprise class server hp DL380G6

By alsolaih ·
I have bought a new server (HP ProLiant DL380G6 E5540 (2.53GHz) Rack Server)
It's specification :
HP ProLiant DL380G6 (1) Intel Xeon Processor E5540 (2.53GHz, 80W, DDR3-1066, HT, Turbo 1/1/2/2),8MB (1 x
8MB) Level 3 Cache,6GB (3 x 2GB) PC3-10600R (DDR3-
1333), Two HP NC382i Dual Port Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapters, Smart Array P410i/256MB Controller,(1) 460W Hot Plug Power Supply,(4) (N+1 Redundancy Standard), Rack (2U)

I want to apply raid 5 technology,
my quetion, what are the steps that I need to perform the raid 5.
I've already 3 HDD (300 GB).

please i need help
thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Wipe the HDD's if they ever had anything on them

by OH Smeg In reply to Installing windows 2008 o ...

And then supposing that this unit supports RAID 5 Setup insert the Windows Server Disc into the Optical Drive, set the BIOS to boot from the Optical Drive before it boots from any other device and then exit the BIOS saving changes as you go.

When the first blue screen appears press and Hold down the F6 Key till you are prompted to insert the RAID Driver, and then follow the prompts as to where to insert the RAID Driver and how to format and install the OS from that point on.

You need the RAID Driver copied to the Root of the Media that you use here and not have it in a Folder of whatever media you need to insert to load the RAID Driver.

Col

Collapse -

Well you use the HP RAID controller utility

by CG IT In reply to Wipe the HDD's if they ev ...

or the HP smart array disc utilities that came with the server. They will actually configure the RAID array type and then install the operating system.

Collapse -

Useful Info

by alsolaih In reply to Installing windows 2008 o ...

Many thanks for help,

Could you explain Raid 5 technology and how it works, and if there is any pic explained the Raid 5 configurations.

Collapse -

This is probably the easiest explanation

by OH Smeg In reply to Useful Info
Collapse -

Going to read about it and understand the configuration

by alsolaih In reply to This is probably the easi ...

Thank you for help.

i need to read more about that and how to start configuring my server to use it step by step.

but i think our company is going to make the company that we will take the server from, to configure it and make it ready.

Regards

Back to Networks Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums