General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Is it just me or is this Black Friday thing out of hand?

by robo_dev ·

Did it ever occur to the massive crowds waiting in line to simply go on a little looting spree?

Think about it, they are there in force at 4AM, and they seem VERY motivated to save money on electronics. Their honesty and civility is their downfall…they wait like sheep in the cold and dark of night in line waiting for the $5 an hour security guard to unlock the $5 lock on the door.

A simple brick through the window and those 42″ LCD televisions, food processors, and tablet computers are now FREE (100% discount!).

As if a team of four or five underpaid and overweight store security guards are going to stop a mob of a thousand motivated shoppers.

Save Money, Live Better!

They could be home by 5:00AM enjoing their savings.

(This is not a serious proposal or recommendation, by the way).

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

A strong & obvious law enforcement presence

by nicknielsen ·

In reply to Is it just me or is this Black Friday thing out of hand?

is usually sufficient deterrent.

The Walmarts around here usually have local police & sheriff’s deputies in the parking lots during those early hours.

Here’s what you missed if you didn’t go shopping last night

by av . ·

A scene from a Walmart somewhere. Watch when the older lady bites the hand of some guy trying to take her phone at the end. Looks like a cattle drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O6IMYSSs7c

AV

Go, go, go!

by ansugisalas ·

where I shop for my computer junk . . .

by who am i really ·

they have one every month now
      I get an email flyer once a month for this particular event !

Sensationalism

by velvetz11 ·

Nothing in this world could lead me to the hysteria of such greed. It only compounds the chaos by putting sheeple on a time line. I meant people.

Most people are honest

by john.a.wills ·

most of the time. I think. I hope.

They have been known to trample on one another and get into fights

by jjfitz ·

I believe that there have been cases of looting as well.

Friday was a GREAT day!

by charliespencer ·

We took the new terrier mix / mutt over to Congaree National Park and let her fertilize the big trees. Calm winds, sunshine, upper 60s, nobody fighting over anything except the squirrels arguing over acorns. I can’t figure out why; there were plenty of them and they weren’t on sale. Did I mention it was our 29th anniversary? And we had PIZZA!

http://www.nps.gov/cong/index.htm

Those squirrels were looting!

by jjfitz ·

In reply to Friday was a GREAT day!

Happy anniversary. 🙂

Happy Anniversary, Palmetto.

by boxfiddler ·

🙂

Thanks.

by charliespencer ·

In reply to Happy Anniversary, Palmetto.

You may recall we were planning a trip to Merry Olde next year for our 30th. Two months ago we decided we’d rather spend the money on her root canal. Better, worse, sickness, health, richer, poorer, ya know?

Shoulda cut a deal

by aidemzo_adanac ·

In reply to Thanks.

Let her spend her half of the money having it drilled and take your half on holiday while she screams blue murder waiting for the money to cap it. Okay, even I’m not that mean. Happy Anniversary!

Congrats on the anniversary

by robo_dev ·

The advantage of a dog is that the later you come home, the happier they are to see you, and they like it when you leave the toilet seat up!!!!

It’s a ridiculous greed fest,

by boxfiddler ·

guaranteed to keep me off the streets until Tuesday after. *pukes*

Out of hand? Out of COUNTRY!

by aidemzo_adanac ·

In an effort to keep shoppers this side of the border, Canadian stores had a Black Friday sale on YOUR Thanksgiving Weekend. Yes, when people get trampled to save $200 on an LCD TV, it’s gone too far. When you see a woman “camping out” with her 6 year old son for a week outside BestBuy, its gone too far. People are just so freakin CHEAP these days it’s incredible. These stores, Best Buy, Future Shop, Target, WalMart are pushing such low end garbage it’s not funny. People no longer expect quality products or service with a smile, it’s anything to save a dollar, a SAD society to be amongst that’s for sure.
      I’m not pretending I’ve got tons of money to splash around on the latest and greatest by any means, but I won’t settle for low quality just to save a dollar. I’ll wait until I have the money to buy something higher end or better quality from a RESPECTABLE retailer.

Just because that 43″ TV says it’s SAMSUNG on it, that doesn’t mean it’s any good. All the top brand manufacturers make low end, substandard crap to sell at big box outlets, the small electronics boutique will have a very similar 43″ Samsung for a few hundred more but at 10X the quality and with much better service and support. Just sick and tired of cheapo’s thinking they are clever by buying garbage that they feel is all the same. It perpetuates a low end mentality, people expect less and manufacturers provide less. Just like music, production quality has dropped SO LOW due to people thinking a 320kbps MP3 sounds GOOD. Now you have to scour stores to find a decent quality recording on a decent quality CD (not all disks are created equal). What about the people that actually have ears and appreciate and prefer quality recordings over having an iToy?

As for the brick through the window, CAMERAS. Even in heavy mob scene’s they will find the perpetrators most of the time. It’s taken years but they are still arresting people for the Stanley Cup riot in Vancouver, unlike the UK riots where they rounded them up and slapped them in jail in a few days. Either way, cameras tell all these days.
      Rant over 🙂

by charliespencer ·

In reply to Out of hand? Out of COUNTRY!

Ozzie?

Read it backwards…

by ansugisalas ·

In reply to Avatar flashback

aidemzo adanac

YAY!

“Clean-up on aisle 9”

by charliespencer ·

In reply to Read it backwards…

“Bring a mop and bucket; someone had a brain freeze!”

Welcome back, dude! Your recommendation of a Sharp for my ‘Black Friday” purchase two years ago is the BOMB! I’m still thanking you for that one.

Glad to hear you ‘re happy

by aidemzo_adanac ·

In reply to “Clean-up on aisle 9”

Defo a killer value for money!

P.S. Don’t say welcome back, I’m new here. Still trying to figure out what this forum stuff is all about and how it works.
          A guy from Canada (real pr*ck!!!) was selling avatars at the peeler bar for $50, I needed one so I said what the hell.

shhhhhhh- buy a mirror

by aidemzo_adanac ·

In reply to Avatar flashback

😉

NA

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to shhhhhhh- buy a mirror

It’s easier buying a Moderator.

Honest.

Col :^0

Viewing 9 reply threads