Question

• Creator
    Topic

Is there a fix for Microsoft Outlook 2007 error certificate invalid?

by gator1313 ·

I just started getting error message Microsoft Office Outlook cannot sign or encrypt this message because your certificate is invalid. I have been running this for 2 years and just starting getting this message last week. It will not let me send out emails. Any help would be appreciated

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by gator1313 ·

In reply to Is there a fix for Microsoft Outlook 2007 error certificate invalid?

Clarifications

You can try following M$ suggestions here

by oh smeg ·

In reply to Is there a fix for Microsoft Outlook 2007 error certificate invalid?

http://support.microsoft .com/kb/884738

Just remember to remove the space from between microsoft and the .com 😉

Col

Cert Interactions (IE, Outlook, and so on)

by kad0001 ·

Try the following fix (no admin required):
      1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Internet Options, Content Tab, Certificates Button.
      2. Remove all the certificates listed in Personal.
      3. Open the certificate utility (ActiveClient or similar) and there should be an option listed similar to “Forget State for all Cards” essentially clearing a stored card dataset.
      4. Log off. Log back in.
      5. Within the same certificate utility, make the certificates available to Windows again. This is a pretty common feature. You may be able to right click each certificate and the option will be given.
      6. Open Outlook. Then open Tools, Options, Trust Center (or Security in some versions), and Publish certificates to GAL. 2007 Office needs you to click certificates, then to manually pick Choose, and then the email certificate in each of the boxes below. Select Ok and Publish Certs to GAL.

Going from memory, so some of the steps may be a little different. There may also be issues with exchanging digitally signed mail and your issue, but the above seems to work for my users.

Viewing 2 reply threads