Question

I've got A Tyan Trinity S2380 that keeps rebooting during XP setup

XP PRO starts to load and goes through the format stage...loads system files and when it's time to reboot and role into the install the bios goes to the press F! to continue. At that point the process starts all over. F8, F6 Esc, Tab don't work to get the menu to disable this...HELP

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Replace the BIOS Battery

by OH Smeg In reply to I've got A Tyan Trinity S ...

As a starting point and if that doesn't work try the Ultimate Boot CD available free from here to test your Hardware.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

Col

Collapse -

We have this same question posted twice Col...

by Darryl~ Moderator In reply to Replace the BIOS Battery

See the following post....

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-7343-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=331388&messageID=3300114&tag=content;leftCol

seanferd & I have been giving him some suggestions....also....they have replaced the motherboard, power supply, HDD (which had a previous XP installation on it)...some other stuff before you go through the same things we already did.

Now that we have you on the case, I know it'll get solved

Collapse -

Does that mean that I have to start Thinking? NT

by OH Smeg In reply to We have this same questio ...
Collapse -

Col

by santeewelding In reply to Does that mean that I hav ...

Restrict yourself to the technical. Ain't no joking allowed here, didn't you know?

Collapse -

Thinking....hummmmm

by Darryl~ Moderator In reply to Does that mean that I hav ...

just what are you thinking about?

hummmmm

Collapse -

only a guess

by bodonnell11 In reply to I've got A Tyan Trinity S ...

my guess is that a file necessary for loading of xppro is corrupted therefore it is necessary for you to reinstall xppro again.

Collapse -

It's working now...

I did replace the bios batt. removed 2 of the 3 sticks of ram and then ran 98 boot disk and wiper the drive, set a DOS partition and started back with the XP Pro and all went well. Thanks for the advice.

Back to Windows Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)