General discussion

Journal Entries held in Outlook2000

By jill.mclaggan ·
Not knowing if I've come to the right place - I write in the hope that you may have the solution to the problem I'm experiencing with Outlook 2000.

I want to produce a hardcopy spreadsheet (created in any Office 2000 program eg Excel, Word) showing the data from the following fields held in the Journal Entry form:-

- Entry Type (eg Meeting, Phone Call)
- Subject
- Start Date
- Company
- Contacts
- Notes

MS have already confirmed that data held in the Notes field has a maximum character count. We use the Notes extensively and so have discovered when performaing a straightforward copy/paste from the folder holding all journal entries, the Notes data drops off at the end where we have exceeded the number of characters allowed. MS has provided a solution to retain all data held in the Notes field - by exporting the journal entries to an Access format. (From Access2000 (not Access97!) export to Excel if preferred)

Having taken their advice, the Notes problem has beenresolved - but another problem now occurs!

Exporting the data held in the journal entries to an Access format, does not export the data held in the Company and Contacts fields of the form! Both of which are vital to our end result printout!Do you have a solution to this?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Software Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums