General discussion

Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

By dgandolf ·
How do you autoreply back to the sender who sends you junk mail. I want to send a message back to that person who keeps sending me junk mail,3 automatically the minute something is sent to me! I know how to move stuff automatically into the recycle bin, but can't figure out how to autoreply back to them! Help!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

by bugars In reply to Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

A lot of the time, spammers disguise their addresses, so if you reply, you just get an error message back that you've sent to an invalid address. (Guess how I know? I tried to do the same thing, only by hand.)

There is a way to autoreply to allmessages, from the mail server itself, but I don't have access to a mail server anymore, so I can't tell you how. That's not what you want anyway.

Collapse -

Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

by dgandolf In reply to Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

by dmiles In reply to Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

Sometimes in the bottom of the email there is an option to be removed.
You can set up specific rules through the tools menu,inbox assistant.

Collapse -

Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

Collapse -

Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

by Network Superstar In reply to Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

Here is a better deal. Most likely the spammer used someone elses email address. Open the email in outlook and go to tools -> options. There you will find some information about where the email actually came from. Go to one of the spam newsgroups and past that header information in the group asking for someone to decode it for you. They will most likely tell you where the information came from (what particular isp) Then you can find out about that isp's spam policy. Send an email out to their abuse departement. The email should contact the full text of the original email plus the text from the internet header. Do it this way and you can probably get them disconnected from the isp.

Good Luck

Collapse -

Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

Collapse -

Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

by cathig In reply to Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

It can be done with the Rules Wizard which you will find in the Tools menu. Use the New button to make a new rule, and on the next screen choose for Outlook to check messages when they arrive. From there on the wizared is pretty self-explanatory.You will have to choose a template to use to reply to the sender, and if necessary, you will have to install the templates feature on your computer for this to work. There are lots of other incredibly cool things the wizard can do, too!

Collapse -

Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

Collapse -

Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

by deannar In reply to Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

Actually, I'd stay away from Rules and Auto-Reply. We all know that the second you reply to junk mailing, you can automatically be added to other lists. I'd suggest simply blocking the individual address each time one enters your inbox. Here's how:
1 Right-Click the message from the sender whose messages you want to automatically move or delete

2 Choose Junk E-mail, and then click Add to Junk Senders list.

Just make sure your Junk e-mail filter is active.

Collapse -

Junk Mail- Outlook 2000

Back to IT Employment Forum
13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next

General Discussion Forums