General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Lan Party Sponsors

by venom_jackal ·

Hi there TechRepublic community.

I work for a school within Birmingham as an ICT technician that will be setting up a stall for the forthcoming Christmas Fair which will take place on the 7th of December 2012. Just as a course of gathering information and some insight I was wondering if anyone within the TechRepublic community has had successful experience in trying to obtain merchandise, promotional material, equipment for stalls, LAN parties for social events.

A year ago when we first started this venture, a colleague and I visited a few Game and Gamestation stores to try and obtain such objects including a full sized statue of Gaz and Mastercheif from the Call of Duty and Halo series. At most of the stores we were promptly turned down. Other than obtaining a few posters out of pity we did not get much for our previous event (2011). As with any sequels we are trying to make this event bigger and better and are hoping to incorporate more posters, visual displays and perhaps even tournament prizes for the students and visitors to our stall.

The school has gone through a tremendous revolution and its setting up events like this that helps to strengthen the bond of student teacher relationships. As well as gathering support from the life blood of gaming industry that we all hold so dear to our heart.

Overall Outstanding School of The year 2011/2012
    Outstanding Secondary School of the Year 2011/2012

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

You’ll have to go to the manufacturers

by charliespencer ·

In reply to Lan Party Sponsors

Advertising and publicity products are usually tightly controlled. (Just try asking a movie theater for a poster or stand-up. Ain’t gonna happen.) You’ll have to ask the marketing, PR, or advertising departments for the companies whose products you want to hype. Don’t expect much luck; those types of tools are usually restricted to the displays of the companies in question and their authorized partners.

Incidentally, TR is an international community. Which Birmingham are you in?

Agree will try emailing manufacturers

by venom_jackal ·

In reply to You’ll have to go to the manufacturers

I have had a look at some sub reddits and one in particular them have reaffirmed what you have suggested /r/LANParty. Iw ill still try some stores as they did at least provide posters and look on eBay.

Viewing 0 reply threads