Question

Laptop Does Not Detect GT540M After Format

By aspacecake ·
hey

i just formatted my laptop's hard disk, Acer Aspire 4755G, and missing a ton of drivers, notably my graphics driver for Nvidia GT 540M. I downloaded all 3 of the drivers off the acer website under the Graphics section, but none of them seem to work. The driver update says "The Graphics Driver Could Not Find Compatible Hardware". It appears that my computer does not detect my graphics card. How can i make it do so?

Reading some other forum posts say that i have to go to Device Manager. Under display adapters, i have two "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter"s, one has a yellow triangle one does not. Right clicking both and updating however gives me a message that they are both updated.

My laptop was fine with its stock drivers during purchase, and it detected my nVidia GT540M fine, thus i'm wondering how to get it to recognize it now

Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

25 total posts (Page 3 of 3)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by aspacecake In reply to Yes it could be RAM in th ...

Running the computer with 2GB of ram and then 4GB of ram works fine, but together 6GB makes it overheat. Is it possible to
1.increase my fan speed on the acer laptop, if the option isnt available by BIOS? (under power options fan speed is already set at Active)
2. increase the temperature at which the computer shuts down due to overheating?

Collapse -

The Ram Thing is more likely a Timing Issue

by OH Smeg In reply to Laptop Does Not Detect GT ...

Where the Different Modules hit a glitch with Different Speed RAM and cause the system to fall over.

You can use the Ultimate Boot CD to test the RAM but you need to remember that while both may be perfectly OK when they are used together they may not work. The way to test is to run Mem Test 86 with the complete RAM Load and if you get errors run it on each Module.

Ideally you should use Matched Modules to prevent Tomming Issues and even better use Identical RAM every time.

OH and you can get the Ultimate Boot CD here free

http://www.ultimatebootcd .com/download.html

remember to remove the space from between ultimatebootcd and the .com for a working link.

Col

Collapse -

event log

by hikari_elvira In reply to Laptop Does Not Detect GT ...

check event log what causes the shutting down especially under systems folder. theres a lot causes that result to shutting down. it might be overheating (check event log under system folder with error msg 'due to critical heat'), or defective ac port (after shutdown, unplug the ac port and check ac port pin temperature)

Collapse -

Easy to fix gt540m not detected

by Amir Ame In reply to Laptop Does Not Detect GT ...

you must first install the intergrated graphic(intel hd graphic 3000/4000)then you can install gt540m w/o any problem...im also using aspire 4755g

Back to Web Development Forum
25 total posts (Page 3 of 3)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03

Software Forums