General discussion

Lotus Notes on AS400 - storage issues

By inovermyhead ·
We run Lotus Notes for about 200 users on a small AS/400 Model 170. It has 16 GB of useable storage and we are using 74% of it. Users don't do well at archiving, nor do they want to get rid of anything. I'm thinking of getting more disk for the AS400 or a new AS400, or storing the users' Notes databases on some sort of storage server if that is possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Obsolete model

by jellybeenz In reply to Lotus Notes on AS400 - st ...

I've been working on model 170's for the past several years. My advice would be to begin budgeting for a replacement (new i5's out now). The 170 is obsolete (according to IBM) and cannot be upgraded. A friend that works at another company just brought in an i5 to replace their 170 and absolutely LOVES it (more storage, much faster).

In the short term, you could look into purchasing some previously owned disks to give you some breathing room. That's what we did, and it's relatively cheap.

Collapse -

Obsolete ??

by maven64 In reply to Obsolete model

You have many options to keep your 170's via third party maintenance co's. You can double your ROI and keep them until a solution that is cost affective comes along. Be wary of the quality of work and true value one of these companies brings to the table.

Collapse -

Lotus Notes mail and application Archive Solution

by ChristelVisser In reply to Lotus Notes on AS400 - st ...

We can offer you a much cheapier solution! Please take a look at our website http://www.lialis.com/Applications/EnglishSite.nsf/dx/Lialis_Archive_Solution.
Don't hesitate to contact me for further information.

Collapse -

New link

by Kim_vd_Berg In reply to Lotus Notes mail and appl ...

Information and free donwload of the Lotus Domino Archive Solution: http://www.lialis.com/lotussolutionprovider.nsf/pages/lotusdominoarchivesolution

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums