Question

• Creator
    Topic

M7VIG Pro-D Motherboard problem

by teezet ·

I have this motherboard (M7VIG Pro-D Motherboard) at least 5yrs and re-installing windows many times but lately the windows cannot be correct, after successfully installing the windows, the boot logo (startup) cannot be passed through, while this happens (loading), it cannot be restarted (ctrl+alt+del). I take off the hard disk and re-installed using my other computer and works fine, then when i re-connect with this motherboard the same happens and cant pass through the startup. Then, lately, in some times the bios stated “unknown flash type” and Using the setup (delete) i saw that it didn’t even correctly detect the cd-rom and hard disk by stating the devices with weird names.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help my issue. I know 256mb RAM is small but ive used it for a long time and yes its slow but it can work correctly.

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by teezet ·

In reply to M7VIG Pro-D Motherboard problem

Clarifications

As said elsewhere

by oh smeg ·

You need a working BIOS to Flash the BIOS but if this is a Desktop M’Board you may be able to get a replacement BIOS Chip from a company like BIOS Central. I do this with Server Boards so that there is no chance of any issues arising when it’s necessary to Flash the BIOS. It’s far cheaper to replace the CHIP than to run the risk of getting the wrong BIOS Update.

http://www.bioscentral .com/#
      [i]remember to remove the space from between [b]bioscentral[/b] and the [b].com[/b] for a working link.[/i]

Col

BIOS and WINx conflict

by mjd420nova ·

When Windows is first installed on a drive, it characterizes itself with the hardware associated with it and the BIOS settings. Taking that drive to another mach ine will not allow you to boot as the hardware and BIOS is not a match to what is on the drive. It might be possible to boot to the WinX disk in the new machine and the suspect drive. Attempt a repair but depending on you Win version, you may not be able to return it back to the original machine.

Viewing 2 reply threads