Question

Mail Archiving in an Exchange 2000 Server

By MinkyUrungus ·
Heya.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a product and/or program that efficiently archives mail in an Exchange 2000 server. Customizability is important.

As is the price. We'd hope for a program or method that would cost us nothing (of course), but we're prepared to pay *something*.

Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Try looking here

by OH Smeg In reply to Mail Archiving in an Exch ...

http://tinyurl.com/4vezj8m

and for a free version you can try looking here

http://tinyurl.com/4tzx7h9

Col

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by MinkyUrungus In reply to Try looking here

Whoa, look! It's showing me all the pages I've already checked out prior to coming here! Whooooooooooooooa.

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

Pages and pages!

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

There are just SO. MANY!

Thank you so much, Mr. Smegma!

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

PS - Don't you just love the sense of empowerment you can get from the internet?

Collapse -

GFI

by lmalhoit Contributor In reply to Mail Archiving in an Exch ...

You might check out GFI. Though, if you had an upgrade in your future (which is probably recommended, Exchange 2010 has archiving functionality. You might also consider "taking it to the cloud" and doing something like Google Apps to manage your email.

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by MinkyUrungus In reply to GFI

Thank ya.

Collapse -

Just a hint here

by OH Smeg In reply to Mail Archiving in an Exch ...

If you want to ask something it's a very good idea to tell people what you have already done, After all not many are as brilliant as you think you are so they have no idea of what it is you have done already.

Try reading here for a full description on How to Ask a Question the Smart Way.

http://tinyurl.com/2wo6o

Try following the advice there and you may even get long term help one day. :^0 :^0

But unfortunately as the SCSI Interface for my crystal ball broke years ago and I can not find another one I have absolutely no idea at all of what you have personally done unless you tell me.

Now can you tell me where to get another SCSI Interface or even one of those as yet undeveloped USB Interface for my Crystal Ball? I'm sure I would know a lot more if I could only get it working again.

Adds another name of a Complete Smeg Head to my ignore list. :^0 :^0 :^0

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by MinkyUrungus In reply to Just a hint here

Dearest King of TechRepublic,

Hm. Seems like these other folks had no problems answering my question with little to no attitude whatsoever. (Thank you, Andrew Marr)

Being brand new to my IT position, and judging by other posted questions (see: all) on this site, my question was absolutely fair to post.

But, hey, thanks for going out of your way to show every visitor to this page how professional and polite you are. 2:-*

Love,
Me

Collapse -

Is it complete archiving?

by Andrew Marr In reply to Mail Archiving in an Exch ...

Is this part of an information policy within your business or for users to be able to archive their mail?

At the lowest level, users should be using PST files to archive their mail. These would be stored in a centralised area which is included in your backup schedule. Data is always available and the backups provide the redundancy.

If this at a higher level, perhaps you might consider a more centred approach such a document management system that allows your business to manage all electronic documents including email - you would need some strict, and well maintained retention policies here for many reasons including storage and legislation.

Please explain what you are aiming to acheive to help identify any options available. Naturally archiving can mean several things.

Back to Networks Forum
12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next

Hardware Forums