Question

Make an Access 2003 form check box stand out when selected

By tlg1025 ·
I have a user that has multiple check boxes on an Access 2003 form. When tabbing through the fields it is sometimes hard to tell which check box field is selected. She would like to have a way for the check box to stand out when it is selected.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Use the focus-events

by Route81 In reply to Make an Access 2003 form ...

You might add a marker in front or behind the checkbox (an arrow for example) or change the color of the corresponding label. Do this with the 'on got focus'-event of the checkbox and invisible with the 'on lost focus'-event.

Collapse -

focus followup

by rw2000 In reply to Use the focus-events

I usually set each checkbox label's background color to be noticeable, then make it transparent. In the form's module:
Private Sub Check1_GotFocus()
lblCheck1.BackStyle = 1 'visible
End Sub
Private Sub Check1_LostFocus()
lblCheck1.BackStyle = 0 'transparent
End Sub

Collapse -

Thank you too!

by tlg1025 In reply to focus followup

I am learning all sorts of new things today! I will give this one a try and see if it works too. Then I can give my user multiple options.

Collapse -

Thank you!

by tlg1025 In reply to Use the focus-events

Thank you! Yesterday I had been trying to use the focus events by changing the borders (I tried both the checkbox and label borders) and that was just not working. I had not considered changing the font. Talk about not thinking outside the box...literally!
Changing the font worked like a charm in my testing so now I need to contact my user to make sure that is what she is looking for!

Collapse -

Conditional Formatting

by sgt_shultz In reply to Thank you!

a conditional formatting 'wizard' is built into my version of Access (2003)
in your form, in design view, select the control (checkbox) then pick Format/Conditional Formatting

Collapse -

THANX - just looking for EAXCTLY this ANSWER !

by fleztek In reply to Make an Access 2003 form ...

this very day I have been trying to find a way to do EXACTLY this - wouold you believe it ? Gave up and decided to trawl my eMail, saw this Post listed on a Daily Tech Republic Post I receive.

Amazing - even works in Wordpad, where I was attempting to build a small check list.

TechRepublic keeps on ROCKING !

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums