General discussion

Memory install for Toshiba 4090

By CuzICan ·
Hi,

I need to know if anyone can give me instructions on how to get into my laptop to install more memory. I want to update to Windows XP but do not know much about the inside of laptop. I removed the small cover where the memory is but does not appear to be addiquate room to install the new memeory chip. I can see where it goes but cannot get to it. Do I have to take the whole case off or is there some way to install it thur the little space.

thanks

pj

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

installing laptop memory

by sales In reply to Memory install for Toshib ...

Most recent laptops access the memory slots on the bottom of the laptop through a trap door held in place by one or more screws. Your machine came standard with 64Mb in the computer, probably on the motherboard, and has one expansion slot. If you install one piece of 128Mb, memory will increase to 192Mb, which is the maximum capacity for that computer. Memory is also available in 32 and 64Mb sizes. Memory size should be 144-pin configuration. If the memory you have doesn't fit into the slot or the physical space provided for memory, you have the wrong memory. DO NOT TAKE THE CASE APART.

Back to Desktop Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)