Question

Microsoft Exchange 2000

By m307 ·
Whenever i try to send mail to a particular domain, the mail bounces back with this error message, "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
Sent: 12/8/2006 8:10 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'info@armonkindoor.com' on 12/8/2006 8:10 AM
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<rpm1.rpmarinlaw.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <info@armonkindoor.com>... RTANCHR Contact postmaster@westnet.com if in error, but we refuse mail directly from hosts with generic reverse DNS; please use another outbound mail server. (static)>"

Can you help?

Thx

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Microsoft Exchange 2000

by Omnicef In reply to Microsoft Exchange 2000

The problem is, your email server's public IP Address does not match your reverse DNS Entry (or you don't have one at all). I checked for an MX Record for rpmarinlaw.com and it does not exist. Can you tell us more about your setup?

Collapse -

by m307 In reply to Microsoft Exchange 2000

My FQDN is maringoodman.com. RPmarinlaw was my old domain name. I also have a spam filter with handles all my mail.

Collapse -

it looks like spam

by CG IT In reply to Reply

this is your problem. DNS resolves your FQDN maringoodman.com to your public address. Mail you send is using this domain name: rpmarinlaw.com. which does not resolve to your public addess. The receiving mail server thinks spam and blocks the mail and sends you a message saying the mail is being blocked.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums