General discussion

MIcrosoft Outlook 2003

By eslmom1 ·
Running WIndows XP. Used WIndows 2000 okay and tried to upgrade to WIndows 2003. INstalled and reinstalled it many times. All programs except Outlook run fine. When I try to start Outlook 2003 get the message Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open Outlook WIndow. The set of folders could not be opened. Outlook then quits. Help!! M. Menaker

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Corrupt PST ??

by rdubrey In reply to MIcrosoft Outlook 2003

I am not an expert at this but I have ran into that problem before. I had to go into Control Panel and to Mail and setup a new personal folder set. If you know where the old pst folder resides you can try to import from it after you get outlook open. Hope that helps.

Rob

Collapse -

Hi

by zxr In reply to Corrupt PST ??

Hi,

You can try a popular Outlook recovery tool called Advanced Outlook Repair to repair your PST file. It is a powerful tool to recover messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft Outlook PST files.

Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe

Alan

Collapse -

Outlook Problem

by smahanes In reply to MIcrosoft Outlook 2003

I have the same issue. Did you ever get a resolution?

Collapse -

Outlook Problem

by lisagenuit In reply to MIcrosoft Outlook 2003

I too am having this problem. Did you ever get a solution? Thanks, Lisa

Collapse -

Thank you

by sevannergis In reply to Outlook Problem

thank for your all interest. it is working but my old (.pst ) does not working

Collapse -

Your outlook 2007 issue.

by vamsichrisraj In reply to MIcrosoft Outlook 2003

Is it asking for you to browse to any location???
Because outlook is looking for the default PST files which is in the default location of outlook.

SO tell me if its looking for the default folders???

If it does

IF it does not
create a new profile from the CTRL panel and then make that as default.
Then open the new profile.
your issue should be fixed if u can any of these.
Reply if you have any issues..

Collapse -

Your outlook 2007 issue.

by vamsichrisraj In reply to MIcrosoft Outlook 2003

Is it asking for you to browse to any location???
Because outlook is looking for the default PST files which is in the default location of outlook.

SO tell me if its looking for the default folders???

If it does

IF it does not
create a new profile from the CTRL panel and then make that as default.
Then open the new profile.
your issue should be fixed if u can any of these.
Reply if you have any issues..

Collapse -

Common Solution to PST file access denied

by jgarman In reply to Your outlook 2007 issue.

If your Outlook PST files are "read only", then Outlook gives a false error message that "The set of folders cannot be opened. File acces is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file."

Select the folder with the PST files (or the files themselves), right click to properties, and uncheck "read only" and Apply.

Collapse -

Suggestion

by deepsand In reply to MIcrosoft Outlook 2003

Try the "Questions" forum; the "Discussion" forum is for matters of general discussion, not specific problems in search of a solution.

Post problems such as this to the "Question" forum, rather than the "Discussion" forum. There are those who specifically seek out problems in need of a solution, and that's where they go to look for such.

Additionally there are the benefits that:

1) The "Questions" forum provides for your feedback, by way of your being able to mark "helpful" responses as such. This does not necessarily mean that a given response contained the complete solution to your problem, but only that it served to guide you toward it. This is intended to serve as an aid to those who may in the future have a problem similar to yours, so that they might have a ready source of reference available, thereby perhaps obviating the need for them to repeat questions previously asked and answered.

2) The revised TR makes it quite difficult to find both "Discussions" and "Questions" that have not had a fairly recent post, owing to some functions comingling them in the listings. By keeping each type in their respective forums, it is easier for all to find what they are looking for.

Back to Software Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums