Question

Monitoring user activities on SBS 2003

By acmahajan ·
HELLO ALL,
I WOULD LIKE TO MONITOR ALL THE USER ACTIVITIES ON THE SERVER THAT MY CLIENTS ARE ACCESSING ON INTERNET ,LIKE WEBSITES, EMAIL SENT TO ,HOW CAN I DO THIS IN SBS2003?
MY SERVER HAS 1 NETWORK ADAPTER WITH SBS2003 R2 INSTALLED.
ANY LINKS...ARTICALS?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Did you find an answer?

by 00catera In reply to Monitoring user activitie ...

Hello there, I know this was a bit ago but im curious if you found a way to do that. I would like to know the solution for that. If you don't mind.

Thanks,

Collapse -

Monitoring user activities on SBS 2003

by dave In reply to Monitoring user activitie ...

Couple thoughts in regards to this. If you are so concerned about what exactly the employees are doing for the business you are working for then there is a problem to begin with.

As for a few options here are some thoughts:

1. SonicWALL makes an awesome product which can report using its centralized console (GMS) what websites are being used most frequently. It also has a content filter which should help you control where your users are going. It will also do email filtering as well at the packet level.

2. Ironport is an awesome spam filter appliance which will allow you to also see traffic going inbound/outbound if you choose. I would honestly be less interested in what is going out and more concerned about what comes back in.

Most spam/firewall appliances will do these types of things for you. I would not waste time worrying about specifically what the users are doing and more about if it causes a problem. The appliances that I am aware of will allow inbound/outbound filtering or one or the other respectively.

Thanks!
Dave Thonet
http://www.e-grafix.com

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums