General discussion

Motherboard replacement for Dell 2350

By ufhater1 ·
I have a Dell Dimension 2350 and the motherboard got fried during a thunderstorm. I took down the numbers off the motherboard and it is an INTEL Celeron 2.2 GHZ. I am looking for a replacement though and am not sure what exactly will fit in the case. Anything will help. Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to Motherboard replacement f ...

The problem with Dell and other "name brand" PCs is that they do not always use "standard" components.

If the bracket slots for plug-in cards are about 1/2 normal height, you have a NLX style motherboard.

Even if the card slots accept full height cards, you could still have a custom motherboard.

A few things to check:
Does the I/O shield look like to be a standard ATX layout, position, and size?

Is the power connector a standard ATX connector?

Is the motherboard a micro ATX (just a couple of slots for cards)?

Is there room and holes for a larger motherboard.

Personally, I would spend the extra $30 for a low end ATX case and get the motherboard you really want.

Chas

Collapse -

by pierrejamme In reply to Motherboard replacement f ...

I have to agree with TheChas last statement. I am working on a 2350 for a friend, it only has a 200watt power supply. You probably have the integrated Intel video and audio so will need that in new board also or cards. It only has two DDR PC2100 memory slots for a max of 2@512MB or 1GB. I haven't opened it up, but it is a minitower and probably is ATX, but by the time you buy power supply (because 200w isn't sufficient) your'e better off with a new case.
My two cents worth on this entry level computer.

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)