General discussion

Moving from windows 2000 to 2003

By south ·
I work for a very small company with 5 employees, we currently have a windows 2000 server with exchange 2000 running on it. Recently disaster struck when one of the disks in he windows 2000 server became corrupted, the disk was part of a raid mirror but unfortuantely the mirror had'nt been working for a couple of months. With a bit of jigging about (taking the up to date disk out of the mirror) I managed to get the server back up and running.

To cut a long story short I am going to have to rebuild the server, and we have decided that this would be a good oppurtunity to move to windows server 2003. I have read loads of advice on upgrading and migrating but no method that I have come across is applicable to our situation. An in place upgrade is no good as the current configuration is not correct and a migration would mean creating a new domain and migrating etc which we do not want to do.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. Time is not a luxury I have at the moment.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Double Move

by degthat In reply to Moving from windows 2000 ...

You could migrate to a new domain (name) so you can start new and clean and thn migrate to a new domain (old name) to keep all your clean data and keep your name. If your a 5 person company it should be simple and fairly quick.

Back to IT Employment Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)