General discussion

MS Office 2000 Outlook

By isdn ·
I cannot get my email from my Outlook 2000.

Do I configure in Mail & Fax in Control Panel and if so how so?

My machine is connected to the Network.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

MS Office 2000 Outlook

by mkelley In reply to MS Office 2000 Outlook

Go to Outlook properties, Right click on your Outlook icon, and click on properties. Then click on the services tab and click on the add button. You will then see a screen that has available services, add Microsoft Exchange Server, and fill in the fields for exchange server and mailbox. Then back at the services tab, click on Microsoft Exchange Server and click the properties button. The next screen will show you your properties that you just set up, and you can click the check name button to confirm that everything is set up correctly. I am making the assumption that you are using an exchange server for email, obviously, this will not be the procedure for Groupwise or Notes, but it will be similiar.

Collapse -

MS Office 2000 Outlook

by isdn In reply to MS Office 2000 Outlook

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

MS Office 2000 Outlook

by dasteksys In reply to MS Office 2000 Outlook

A netzero user..Hey..I'm on netzero also

First Make sure you configure your outlook for Corporate/Workgroup or Internet Mail. Choose anyone..if your using this system to access your ISP then choose internet mail.

Open Outlook 2000
From the Tools menu, choose Accounts.

Click the Add button, and choose Mail.

In the Display name box, type your name.

Click the Next button.
In the E-mail address box, type your e-mail address (e.g.memberid@netzero.net).

Click the Next button.
From the drop-down list, choose POP3.
In the Incoming mail (POP or IMAP) server box, type pop.netzero.net.
In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server box, type

smtp.netzero.net.

Click the Next button.
Select Log on usin: POP account name, Password.
In the POP account name box, type your Member ID.
In the Password box, type your password.

Click the Next button.
In the Internet mail account name box, type NetZero Mail (Note: this can be anything you want).

Click the Next button.
Select

Collapse -

MS Office 2000 Outlook

Collapse -

MS Office 2000 Outlook

by secfbg In reply to MS Office 2000 Outlook

You go to Tools and Services then "add' and use the wizard to set it up. The only problem I found being connected to the network and an intranet e-mail system at the same time is that it kept checking for internet e-mail and disturbing me while I was working as I required a password for the internet e-mail. That little window drove me so nuts I deleted the internet e-mail. You cannot add Hotmail however because it will not recognize HTML as the incoming server even though the HTML address for the outgoing is fine.

Collapse -

MS Office 2000 Outlook

Collapse -

MS Office 2000 Outlook

by Laust In reply to MS Office 2000 Outlook

Firstly if you are using outlook with an exchange server you have to have the exchange server option added to your services in mail&fax in the control panel.
You can install this service buy selecting the corporate option when installing office 2000.
Then specify your exchange server name with the mailbox name. Click on check name if your mailbox name gets underlined, you are doing fine. Just continue with the other options by hitting the next buttong until you get to done/finished. You should be able to receive email into your installiong of outlook 2000.

However if you are using pop3 then you have to go into mail and fax and select internet email.
Enter your personal details on the 'general' tab.
On the 'server' tab -
Then specify your outgoing and incoming mail server which is usually given to you by your isp or if you have a proxy/dialup connection running then specify your proxy/dialup machine IP address.
on the connection tab -
use LAN to connect since you mentioned that you are connec

Collapse -

MS Office 2000 Outlook

Collapse -

MS Office 2000 Outlook

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
9 total posts (Page 1 of 1)