General discussion

MS Project 2002 pro status reporting

By Marabella ·
In creating status reports for managers, we want to imbed the task list and timesheet, in order to avoid having to use text boxes to explain accomplishments, etc. When I use the "insert tiesheet" button, select tasks, save, and send, all the manager receives is a numbered listing of the tasks, not the timesheet. How can we incorporate the timesheet into the status report?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mslizny In reply to MS Project 2002 pro statu ...

I suggest you plan to do your reports in Word. To show the task list and time sheet you can use the "Copy screen" utility in MS Project to make images which can be pasted into Word.

Collapse -

by Marabella In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Haris In reply to MS Project 2002 pro statu ...

hi,
There is a report titled "Who Does What" you can use this report. Its accessible by Main Menu->View->Reports.

Another option is to use the resource tracking tab. Click on the resource tracking tab and it will give you the time sheet of everyone. You can print this time sheet either for resources or show the cummulative time.

Collapse -

by kwf777 In reply to MS Project 2002 pro statu ...

You could also use ASP pages and access the data directly from SQL Server and format the output anyway you wantr to see it

Collapse -

by ProjMan99 In reply to MS Project 2002 pro statu ...

The best way to do what you need to do is to leverage the capabilities within the OLAP reporting functions of Project Server 2002 or 2003 [if you upgrade]. If you don't want to go that route you could certainly develop some InfoPath forms that could include the information/graphics that you need directly from the database.

I am a Project Manager and not a developer but I am very technical and know this can be done.

Back to IT Employment Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)