General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

need help installing new hard drive!

by yoshi.andersen ·

Okay I have a Computer I bought off tv like 5 years ago from Systemax(now Tiger Direct) and the HD died. I installed a new HD and when I turn it on all it says is that Im missing some kind of files and to restart computer. Is there anything I can do or do to reset the motherboard or do I have to get a New one? Please help!!
    Thanks!

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

hard drive help needed also

by starmh ·

In reply to need help installing new hard drive!

Hopefully someone can help us both. I previously posted about which hard drive to purchase. Well I got it and installed it today. When I turned the machine back on and hit F2 it shows that the drive is recognized. I put in the cd that came with it and did the install and used my boot disc when asked. All went ok and then I rebooted. Well now I just get a black screen with C:\>. I changed the default to boot from disc and put in my windows cd. still the same screen. what do I type there?

Suggestion.

by deepsand ·

In reply to need help installing new hard drive!

Try the “Questions” forum. The “Discussion” forum is for matters of general discussion, not specific problems in search of a solution.

Post problems such as this to the “Question” forum, rather than the “Discussion” forum. There are those who specifically seek out problems in need of a solution, and that’s where they go to look for such.

Additionally there are the benefits that:

1) The “Questions” forum provides for your feedback, by way of your being able to mark “helpful” responses as such. This does not necessarily mean that a given response contained the complete solution to your problem, but only that it served to guide you toward it. This is intended to serve as an aid to those who may in the future have a problem similar to yours, so that they might have a ready source of reference available, thereby perhaps obviating the need for them to repeat questions previously asked and answered.

2) The revised TR makes it quite difficult to find both “Discussions” and “Questions” that have not had a fairly recent post, owing to some functions comingling them in the listings. By keeping each type in their respective forums, it is easier for all to find what they are looking for.

Viewing 1 reply thread