General discussion

Need vpn passthrough on cisco pix501

By MLessard ·
Hi, long version

What I want: Internet>cisco pix 501>win2k server-RRAS. I want the PPTP trafic to pass through the cisco and be authenticated by the RRAS server for client connections. XP pro clients

I have a win2k Server running SP4, AD,DHCP,DNS and WINS. I have installed a second nic and fixed all the relevent problems with multihomed machines, no error messages in EV.

I have dual internet cable modems, one has static IP and one is DHCP, I have a linksys router on the static IP and all Lan clients use it for interent access. I have the cisco PIX501 installed out of the box, except for adding a password and turning off the DHCP and setting it to PAT.
Main problem is setting up the PIX 501 to pass traffic, I have read and tried several different configs to no evail.

I can connect an internial client to the RRAS/VPN server with no problem, so I think the server is configured correctly.

Cable Modem 24.244.xxx.xxx DHCP but constant
\/
Cisco PIX 501 6.2v 192.168.1.60 Needs Configuring
\/
WIN2K server nic 2 192.168.1.65

I have tried this without the PIX 510 and it connects fine. I don't like it being exposed to the internet and want to add the PIX 501 and keep all the other set-ups intacked.

It cant be all that hard, just Cisco wants it to be, the 60 some pages I have printed from their site are so miss leading for me. Here is what one person on here said and it didn't work, at least for me. when I entered the static info, it put the internal address in the outside and the outside address in the inside, under Translation rules, then I had no internet through the PIX 501. (null rule)?

Install routing and remote access on a 2000 box. Map its internal address to an external address.

static insideaddress outsideaddress netmask 255.255.255.255

Then open up the ports to allow your windows 2000 box to accept PPTP request.

conduit permit tcp host outsideaddress eq 1723 any
conduit permit gre host outsideaddress any

Mark-confused

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Networks Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)