General discussion

Net Folders troubles in Outlook 2000

By danfalconar ·
I'm having major problems with Outlook 2000, in that I can only get net folders to work with half the PCs I try it on.

The situation is this: I'm trying to set up a system whereby users can share calendars with each other. The trouble is, I set up and install net folders on each workstation, but on some workstations, the sharing options in the file menu are greyed out.

I've tried everything that microsoft have published in Technet and in their forums, but nothing seems to have an effect.
One thing I have noticed with my own workstation is that sometimes sharing is greyed out on my file menu, so if I exit and log off, then log back in, it is then available. If I log out yet again and go back in, it is then unavailable - it just doesn't make sense.

I'm a support technician and I'm under considerable pressure to sort this problem out, so if anyone can help then I would be very grateful indeed, as I've had this issue outstanding for some time now.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

17 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by buster In reply to Net Folders troubles in O ...

OK There are several factors that we need to look at. First thing, is this just Outlook 2000 install or is this from Office 2000 Suite? If you have installed the Suite OVERTOP of Office 97 or with Office 97 on board then you are describing a problem that I have expereinced. You will need to UNINSTALL ALL INSTANCES of office. This is not the easiest thing to hear, but that is what I had to do. What is happening (at least it's the explaination that MS gave me) is there are some DLL's that are NOT over written or changed when you do the Office 2k install. When you do the unistall of Office, this will allow the re install a little easier and you should see some changes. If this is a Stand Alone version of Outlook that you are using, andyou were previously using Outlook 98, then uninstall Outlook 98 and then install Outlook 2k over Outlook 97. The DLL's in outlook 97 are not as simialar as Outlook 98 and Outlook 2k are VERY similar.

Since you are under pressure, you may want toconsider a quick fix

Collapse -

by danfalconar In reply to Net Folders troubles in O ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by jose In reply to Net Folders troubles in O ...

Are you using Exchange as the mail system and could you tell\ me more about your environment.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by buster In reply to Net Folders troubles in O ...

Dan,

Sorry, but the space limitations cut off the quick fix. There is a add in you can down load from MS called Multiple Calander off of the Office Update site.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by rattlesnake1 In reply to Net Folders troubles in O ...

Reinstall Office 2000 and this time if did'nt before install everything all Cd's and all options.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by rattlesnake1 In reply to Net Folders troubles in O ...

Try deleting your appointments that you are not using.

Collapse -

Back to Software Forum
17 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next

Software Forums