General discussion

Netgear router RVP614

By jaboy78 ·
i have a router and port forwarding to my server (IP 192.168.0.1)port 80 for web and 20 for ftp and 5631 to 5632 to pc anywhere..all is not working..why?? my firmware now is (4.12 RC9 Feb 07 2003). My WAN ip is let say 20.160.7.2

Internal is no problem
i tried http://20.160.7.2, ftp://20.160.7.2,, all not working.
Any other settings??

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Netgear router RVP614

by Ann777 In reply to Netgear router RVP614

1) On your remote host, have you created a Host and run the software to wait for connection (ie. PC Anywhere must be active on the remote machine in order to "hear" your connecting to it)?

2) You must use PC Anywhere on your local computer toconnect to the remote computer. FTP and HTTP do not operate on the same ports as PC Anywhere.

3) Make sure your ip address is correct (and has not been changed on you if your ISP uses a dynamic ip addressing scheme and not a static).

I findthat #3 is usually the problem especially if using DSL and there's been any kind of a power fluxuation in your modem or router (or any kind of problem with the ISP).

Collapse -

Netgear router RVP614

by jaboy78 In reply to Netgear router RVP614

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Netgear router RVP614

by sgt_shultz In reply to Netgear router RVP614

i don't get the 5631 to 5632 reference. is that the standard port for pcanywhere (if so, move it!) if not, make sure the pcanywhere is set up on both 'ends' to use the same port?

Collapse -

Netgear router RVP614

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Netgear router RVP614

by curlergirl In reply to Netgear router RVP614

Well, the question is, do you have any of these services running on the server that is at 192.168.0.1? Is it running a web server program, an ftp server program and pcAnywhere? If the services aren't running, or aren't configured properly, then noamount of port forwarding will do any good. A little more info on this would be helpful in troubleshooting your problem.

Collapse -

Netgear router RVP614

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Netgear router RVP614

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)