Discussions

nexy226

+
0 Votes

nexy226

Carolyn9200
The free pdf reader 1.1 Windows program from cnet. They told me to ask you this question to see if you could help me on it.
I downloaded the program. I really like it and wanted it to be my default. However, the computer wont let me. In the window to choose defaults for my computer I can choose it but it wont make it the default. It always goes back to Adobe reader. So to experiment, I uninstalled Adobe reader to see if it would recognize the free pdf reader. I went back into the computer to set my defaults and .pdf was no longer listed, like I didnt have a pdf reader on my computer. When I open any pdf I have to choose open with and then go and find the program and select it before it will open it. Do you know any other way I can make the computer recognize that I want that program for the default? Thanks,
Carolyn
+
0 Votes
GSG

When you use "Open With", select "Choose Program". Select the program, and then check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".

+
0 Votes
Carolyn9200

open this kind of file. Windows wouldn't even recognize it. It just went back to Adobe reader again. and said that the free windows pdf reader was an unknown program.

+
0 Votes
santeewelding

It is a jealous god.