General discussion

Novell vs Windows 2000 Server

By Fuell_J ·
I would like to have some opinions from qualified techs on Novell vs Windows 2000 Server. At the present time my high school is is operating on Novell 5.1, 250 user, with ZENworks2 and presently installing BorderManager Enterprise Edition 3 for our proxy server. We have approximately 150 desktops. By the end of this school year we will be supplying about 60 new laptops with Windows 2000 Professional to your teaching staff. The 2002 - 2003 school year the Junior class will be receiving laptops with in the following year all 4 grades (9-12) will be implemented into the laptop program.
Novell has been a very stable OS with some nice feature in ZENworks but is Novell going to address the issues that Windows 2000 Server and Professional applications have that could possibly result in making Novell an OS system of the past. If the Windows produce is stable, less costly and more easily managable with the same or better security and desktop management, thenis Windows 2000 Server the best choice as our technology services grow.
I would like to hear from techs that are qualified in both fields with no prejudices to ether product. I know of well experience CNE with the concern of Novell's future. Thanks, Jeff

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Fuell_J In reply to Novell vs Windows 2000 Se ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by Mostakim In reply to Novell vs Windows 2000 Se ...

I belive in Linux

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)