General discussion

Nvidia G-force4 - ti4200

By wayneinreno ·
I installed a 64 MB card AGP. I then thought to install the spare card I had on hand into the PCI slot on my board. After doing this, my card is not acting right. My screen savers are in slow motion,.............. I have one monitor. It is plugged into the 64 MB card. I wanted to be able to use two monitors. That is why I thought I could have two cards working. The other card is Nvidia also it is the 32 MB. MX-200. Could this confuse the configuration of my display? I uninstalled the 32 Card. Iam now using only the 64 MB card. I reinstalled the drivers from the disk. But I am still having this slow problem and I keep getting wierd error messages like when I try to access the control panel I get an error saying "this option does not exist""Please check your display properties.?Also, if I cannot remove an item from the "add/remove programs", how do I get into the Device MGR to remove what I don't want anymore.I need some help here.
Thanks for your time.
Wayne/Reno,Nv.".

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Nvidia G-force4 - ti4200

by TheChas In reply to Nvidia G-force4 - ti4200

Hi Wayne.

To use 2 monitors, you need 2 video cards that are "compatible".
Remember, that Nvidia does not make any cards themselves, and some mfgs will write the video BIOS so that their cards only work with their cards.

As to your video problems, there are 3 ways to go about correcting the problem.
The first, you have allready tried. But, let's go through the steps again;

From device manager, remove the following;
Monitor
Display Adapter
AGP port

When Windows re-boots, make sure to point the driver wizzard to the latest version of the AGP port driver for your motherboard.
Cancel out of installing the display adapter at this time.
Re-Install DirectX
Then, install the video card driver.
Run dxdiag to check for video driver problems.

Option 2:
This gets trickier.
What you need to do, is search the registry and the Windows folders to remove registry entries and files that are related to the removed card.
The safest way to do this, is to remove the display adapter, and then delete all entries and files for Nvidia and / or the card mfg.
After a couple of re-boots, then re-install drives as above.

The 3rd option, is to wipe the hard drive (or at least the windows folder and registry) and start over.

Chas

Collapse -

Nvidia G-force4 - ti4200

by wayneinreno In reply to Nvidia G-force4 - ti4200

ONCE AGAIN YOU COME THROUGH IN A PINCH... THANKS CHAS
WAYNE/RENO, NV

Collapse -

Nvidia G-force4 - ti4200

by wayneinreno In reply to Nvidia G-force4 - ti4200

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)