General discussion

Office 2000 printing errors

By tnt ·
On a Toshiba notebook with a P3 700Mhz, 128MB RAM, I am getting printing errors from all Office 2000 applications when printing to the network printer.

Word:
Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup.

Try on of the following:
*Check the printer by printing a test page from Windows.
*make sure the printer is turned on and online
*Reinstall the printer driver

Excel:

Your file could not be printed due to an error on \\servername\printername on NE02. There are several possible reasons:

*There may not be enough memory available, try closing files and programs you aren't using.
*If you use a network for printing, there may be a problem with the network connection of the printer driver.
There may be loose cables or a bad connections between your computer and the printer.

I have not yet captured the errors in Powerpoint and Outlook but they occur too.

Searching the TechNet site has been fruitless, the troubleshooter link has been unavailable for two weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mahdeekus In reply to Office 2000 printing erro ...

This is what I would do as a first line of action:

a) Delete ALL print drivers from the laptop via the "Printers" control panel (when prompted if you would like to completely delete a driver file, make sure you do this)
b) Ensure that you have the latest software drivers for each print device you would like to print to
c) Install each print device from scratch (locally & NOT by connecting to the print server - when prompted for a port to print to, select a local port, or print to file)
d)When the driver has loaded, specify a new port to print to from the properties dialogue box for each print device (this is when you define the printer path)

Collapse -

by tnt In reply to Office 2000 printing erro ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by tnt In reply to Office 2000 printing erro ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)