General discussion

Office365 Release : Maybe replacing our local office installation

By stathisx ·
Some days before microsoft officially announced the ending of testing period for office 365. For that time i was involved with it i was not so excited about the features of this release.
So do you think that people will replace their local office installations and go online with office 365 ? Furthermore is there a security threat as long as all the data are available on the cloud (especially for companies with sensitive data)?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

There are two kinds of formal conjecture here.

by santeewelding In reply to Office365 Release : Maybe ...

One, you climb rungs. Two, you look down on those who do. You purport to do the first. The second purport to do the second. Which do you address?

Collapse -

Well the way that I view things is:-

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to Office365 Release : Maybe ...

i was not so excited about the features of this release

Its OK for M$ first Cloud App not great but OK none the less.

So do you think that people will replace their local office installations and go online with office 365 ?

Depends on the needs of people. For a Home user it may be OK but for Business its next to useless.

Furthermore is there a security threat as long as all the data are available on the cloud (especially for companies with sensitive data)?

No its perfectly safe provided that its not involved on a Public Cloud. However if its on a Public Cloud and depending on the business it may immediately mean that the business is noncompliant and the Authorities will shut it down.

At the very least with Sensitive Data Involved the Business has no actual control of that Data and more importantly in the event of the Public Cloud Provider going broke may not even have a claim to recover the data that they put there.

They may even be held hostage by the New Owners or Receiver and have to Pay for their Data so that they can use it again and even then there is no Guarantee that Copies will not be made and sold to the highest bidder/s.

Col

Collapse -

Very careful

by santeewelding In reply to Office365 Release : Maybe ...

To say two, but not only two.

Colin chimes in with his third, characteristically avuncular, which I so enjoy.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)