Question

Offline Files in Windows 2003 Server

By jayobu ·
We have been using Windows 2003 Server (with only 5 computers in the domain) for a while, about a year now.. with no problems.. until we recently added 3 new dell laptops to the domain.. and the problems started. We keep getting this balloon messages "Offline Files - Working offline, You are no longer connected to 'OurServer') and the shared folders keep disappearing... Anyone know what the problem is?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

14 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Offline Folder issues Resolve - Question

by syxys In reply to Offline Folder issues res ...

Could you be more specific about the problem with DNS? As I said previously, everything was running fine until I try to switch folder redirection to a DFS share. In fact changing folder redirection to a new drive letter mapping is a nightmare. I keep getting disconnected message and cannot get rid of the old cached files. I have been deleting the files, reinitialising the cache and still I got issue. So any information could be helpful. Thanks in advance

Collapse -

Reverse DNS

by gfougere In reply to Offline Folder issues res ...

Our reverse DNS was not working on our windows 2003 DNS servers. Once we made the correction to the DHCP server to properly register the reverse DNS entries of all the computers on our domain, the problems i was having with offline folders went away.

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/179d4f6c-9482-4dac-8f03-74bd78b7d2631033.mspx?mfr=true

Collapse -

re Reverse DNS

by syxys In reply to Offline Folder issues res ...

Thank you for the info. It ain't the source of my problem but thank you for responding.

Back to Networks Forum
14 total posts (Page 2 of 2)   Prev   01 | 02