General discussion

OutLook 2000 and Mediaworks 98

By netcfg2 ·
I have a Diamond Monster MX300 sound card. I downloaded an update from the Diamond Multimedia website for my sound card. After the installation I found that Mediaworks98 was part of the update. Mediaworks98 is a application that plays audio cd's andwav files. While Mediaworks is playing, I open Outlook 2000 to check my email and the application partially opens then freezes. When I not running Mediaworks 98 Outlook 2000 opens normally. I went to Mediaworks 98 website for support but none was available. What is the problem? Can you help?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by rindi1 In reply to OutLook 2000 and Mediawor ...

maybe your pc is "overworked" when you have both programs open. you may not have enough memory. A lot of programs which open wav files try to open these as much as possible and load them into ram (if this is the case, it usually takes a long time toloadthe files), then the files get played. Now, Outlook itself needs a lot of resources as well, so, when it wants to use ram, it finds it is used and crashes. Another possibility is your cp gets to hot, maybe the Fan doesn't cool enough. Try using heat transfer paste.

Collapse -

by netcfg2 In reply to OutLook 2000 and Mediawor ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by netcfg2 In reply to OutLook 2000 and Mediawor ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums