General discussion

Outlook 2000 cannot run IMS and Exchange

By jerry_mounce ·
After upgrading to Outlook 2000 on a couple of laptops the user can receive mail fine but can not send mail from the road. There is no error message, the email just stays in the Outbox. When the user returns to the office and logs into the network the Outbox sends the messages. A call to Microsoft Tech Support informed me that you can not run Internet Mail Services and Microsoft Exchange Server with Offline folders at the same time. Whenever I remove Microsoft Exchange Server from the profile and set up a Personal Folder file the user can send messages fine from the road. This system worked ok with Outlook 98 (although Microsoft said it never should have). My question is this. Has anyone else been affected by this issue and how are others configuring their users with laptops to synchronize their Outlook information between Exchange Server and their hard drive and have access to that information when logged into a network, working offline or dialed in?

Thanks,
Jerry

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by GAIke. In reply to Outlook 2000 cannot run I ...

When you're using outlook op portables an exchange server, then the best way is to use the personal folders. That's the regular way to use outlook on the road !!!
Greetings.

Collapse -

by jerry_mounce In reply to Outlook 2000 cannot run I ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by rindi1 In reply to Outlook 2000 cannot run I ...

I use exchange as the client on the notebooks, with offline folders active, on the notebooks. I find that is the best way to have your data up to date and have the same look and feel like outlook on the desktop pc in the office.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums