General discussion

Outlook 2000 - Control IDs

By leon_guerrero ·
Does anyone know the Control ID number for the "request a read reciept for this message" checkbox in Outlook 2000? I want to disable this option using the system policy editor but I need to know the Control ID number.

Thanks....

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by guy In reply to Outlook 2000 - Control ID ...

A strategy would be to manually set the value on. Save that registry area / hive. Then set the value to OFF, resave the area / hive, then run a file comparison tool like windiff to expose the command for that setting. You can 'Export Registry Setting' with Regedit (Rather than using Regedt32)

If you already know the registry key I suspect that that it will be a low number like 0, 1, or possibly 2.

Working with similar registry codes I find they are often in the order on the menu.

Collapse -

by leon_guerrero In reply to Outlook 2000 - Control ID ...
Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to Outlook 2000 - Control ID ...

The answer to this question involves programming,so I suggest to reference following articles for answers.
reference KB article Q201074
KB article Q146636
Related KB article Q208520

Collapse -

Collapse -

by fred_e944 In reply to Outlook 2000 - Control ID ...

If you use the System Policy Template outlk9.adm, which is part of the Office 2000 Resource Kit (and which can be downloaded from the Microsoft Office website) you shouldn't need to know the Control ID #.

Collapse -

I am using outlk9.adm it still needs to know the control ID#. It will allow me to uncheck the "read reciept" check box but a user can just go in and check it again. I dont want that. I want the "read reciept..." greyed out and unavaliable.

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums