General discussion

Outlook 2000, Excel 2000 and ODBC

By John Gordon ·
A client of mine has a spreadsheet, Excel 2000, that extracts data from a Foxpro database using MS Query and ODBC. Installing Outlook 2000 prevents the queries from running and appears to disable ODBC.

What is the Outlook installation doing to ODBC? and how can we remedy the situation?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by highlander718 In reply to Outlook 2000, Excel 2000 ...

I have no idea what outlook is doing to ODBC, but it happened to me with other softwares. Usually it works if you just reinstall the ODBC driver (Control Panel ->ODBC, and choose to install the FoxPro one as there are different types of ODBC for different softwares - you will probably need your FoxPro kit). Or maybe you do have the ODBC driver already somewhere on your FoxPro install CD, you just have to run it from there.

Collapse -

by John Gordon In reply to Outlook 2000, Excel 2000 ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by Mark Phelan In reply to Outlook 2000, Excel 2000 ...

It might be worth installingthe latest version of MDAC at the same time, this has sorted out numerous odbc issues for me in the past.

one thing that occours to me.

if you are installing Outlook 2000 seperately from the rest of office2k there may be an issue there, if possible try installing outlook 2k forst, then office2k with it's ODBC drivers etc

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums