General discussion

Outlook 2000 Mailbox problem

By rumark007 ·
Have anybody seen this problem? If you go into outlook and do a property on the mailbox and check the folder size it show total of 3 MB, but if you check the mailbox through exchange admin program it shows 25 MB. What cause this?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by yorkster In reply to Outlook 2000 Mailbox prob ...

exchange will show the total size of the mailbox including all folders, files, tasks, calanders,contacts, etc, when check the folder size in outlook it show only the size of each folder, if you select proprites from outlook today then select folder size your results should be closer.

Collapse -

by rumark007 In reply to Outlook 2000 Mailbox prob ...

Thanks Gary for the suggestion and that's how I came about getting 3 MB on her mailbox. My problem is the inconsistency between the Outlook and Exchange Admin program. The folder size of the maibox showed 3 MB but in Exchange Admin Program for that account showed 25 MB but in actuality she doesn't have that much mail. She should only have 3 MB worth of it. My problem is how do I fix the mailbox because of the inconsistency between the mailbox size of the client to the one on Exchange Admin program?

Collapse -

by gkleffner In reply to Outlook 2000 Mailbox prob ...

If the user had 25MB at one time, but deleted most of it, viewing the mailbox size in Outlook will show the change. If you have the Exchange Administrator up and running on a workstation or server, you'll need to close it and restart it to update the change in mailbox size (or close the connection to the server and reconnect).

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by PalKerekfy In reply to Outlook 2000 Mailbox prob ...

Deleted items may remain on the server for some time (depending on your settings) and occupy space.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums