General discussion

Outlook 2002 - hundreds email copies

By drmb ·
Anyone experienced a problem with Outlook 2002 where an email shows up multiple times? Sometimes over 200-400 copies! Not all emails do this, but occasionally one or two do, and they clog up my inbox to the tune of a 2GB outlook.pst file!

Our firm shares a single email address, and all the computers in the firm are set up such that messages are retained on the server for one week. Is outlook simply not recognizing these rogue messages as already read by my machine?

Many thanks,
mb

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Curacao_Dejavu In reply to Outlook 2002 - hundreds e ...

hmm,
The first thing I would do is to can for virusses. It could be the action of a massmailervirus.

maybe somenone is spamming you too.

If these didn't help pls provide more info about what kind of emails and if the subject or sender is the same.

regards,

Leopold

Collapse -

by drmb In reply to Outlook 2002 - hundreds e ...

I am fairly certain this is not a case of virus infection or mass mailing. The senders are all known to me, and are different in each case, with different subjects. I also have the latest version of Sophos anti-virus software loaded, and keep it up-dated.

Something similar happened once with an email i sent to my sister - the email got 'stuck' in my outbox (I could not delete it!) and she got 15 copies of the darned thing.

Anyone else?

Collapse -

by DKlippert In reply to Outlook 2002 - hundreds e ...

Have you checked the Rule Wizard? Sometimes checkin "Stop processing further rules" after the initial rule will stop this action.

Collapse -

by drmb In reply to Outlook 2002 - hundreds e ...

This problem is still ocurring despite the fact that i had to 'rebuild' outlook.pst today and so do not have any rules currently defined to handle this mess.

One other thing - I am the only one in the firm who gets these multiple copies. Everyone else only gets the one. They are also almost all using Outlook Express and not Outlook 2002.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)