Question

• Creator
    Topic

Outlook 2003 and exchange server…

by psydeffect ·

We’ve recently migrated our Network. This included Migrating our mail server from a Linux system to exchange 2003.
    Initially everything went smoothly and the mail came in and went out quite nicely.
    Now there are 1 or 2 users complaining that they can not send mail. It’ll just remain in their Outbox.

They’re still receiving mail fine and when you do a “send and receive”, there are no errors on sending… yet the mail remains.

Can anyone please shed some light on this issue for me?

Thanks guys and gals.

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by psydeffect ·

In reply to Outlook 2003 and exchange server…

Clarifications

Outlook profile

by churdoo ·

Delete and re-create their Outlook profile on their workstation. If they’re using .pst file, then be careful not to lose the .pst

Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server

by abannywonder ·

Good day. Before you can enjoy the exchange server to its fullest, take note of the following:

1. Your exchange server must be properly installed and configured;

2. All the client systems must be joined to the domain in which your exchange is installed;

3. Your Microsoft Office outlook must be properly configured to make use of the exchange server and not POP3 or IMAP. This can be done by manually my checking the manually configure box, in the dialog box during outlook configuration. Enter the IP address of the exchange server, your username, click check name to confirm your name on the AD, and follow the step to the end.

Also, note that one profile is to one outlook account.

whenever I had this problem

by sue t ·

I found that I had to delete at least the first message in the Outbox and then everything worked. I just figured there was something wrong with the email. I would normally open the email in the outbox and copy it and then paste it in a new email before I deleted the suspect one in the outbox. Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 reply threads