id="info"

Question

Outlook 2003 and Groupwise

By raharr ·
I am trying to get Outlook 2003 to work with Groupwise. I can get it to do everything, but send emails. Every time I try to send an email it gives an error, "The message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook". I have installed outlook 2003 sp and groupwise sp. Still getting the same error. I have removed everything, cleaned the reg, etc. Reinstalled everything, still getting the same error. The calendar, note, and receiving emails works find. This only happens when I try and send an email.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Did you ever

by davelacey In reply to Outlook 2003 and Groupwis ...

Find an answer to your question - I get exactly the same issues when trying to get these two to work together.

D

Collapse -

Outlook 2003 and Groupwise

by raharr In reply to Did you ever

No. Apparently no one seems to have the answer. The only thing I have found is that it may work with Groupwise 7.x. Only thing is, we are running 6.5.

Russ

Collapse -

It will not work

by antonio.norrell In reply to Outlook 2003 and Groupwis ...

According to Novell...Outlook 2003 is not compatible with anything older than GroupWise 7.

Collapse -

It will not work

by antonio.norrell In reply to Outlook 2003 and Groupwis ...

According to Novell...Outlook 2003 is not compatible with anything older than GroupWise 7.

Collapse -

Groupwise and Outlook

by tbereta In reply to It will not work

To get them to like each other and work together, you must download the latest patch for Groupwise 6.5.6 I believe is the latest. There are still bugs with it though but it does work.

Collapse -

Same thing

by JPabst In reply to Outlook 2003 and Groupwis ...

I am trying to work thru the exact thing you described. If I start up Outlook and try to run a POP3 acct, everything works fine except sending a message, that fails. I receive mail and everything else works. GW will work fine, until I start up Outlook and try to use it, then it doesnt work and GW next time I try to use it, click on most anything and it crashes. Reinstalling GW is the only thing that fixes it.

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums