Question

• Creator
    Topic

Outlook 2003 and Groupwise

by raharr ·

I am trying to get Outlook 2003 to work with Groupwise. I can get it to do everything, but send emails. Every time I try to send an email it gives an error, “The message interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook”. I have installed outlook 2003 sp and groupwise sp. Still getting the same error. I have removed everything, cleaned the reg, etc. Reinstalled everything, still getting the same error. The calendar, note, and receiving emails works find. This only happens when I try and send an email.

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by raharr ·

In reply to Outlook 2003 and Groupwise

Clarifications

Did you ever

by davelacey ·

Find an answer to your question – I get exactly the same issues when trying to get these two to work together.

D

Outlook 2003 and Groupwise

by raharr ·

In reply to Did you ever

No. Apparently no one seems to have the answer. The only thing I have found is that it may work with Groupwise 7.x. Only thing is, we are running 6.5.

Russ

It will not work

by antonio.norrell ·

According to Novell…Outlook 2003 is not compatible with anything older than GroupWise 7.

It will not work

by antonio.norrell ·

According to Novell…Outlook 2003 is not compatible with anything older than GroupWise 7.

Groupwise and Outlook

by tbereta ·

In reply to It will not work

To get them to like each other and work together, you must download the latest patch for Groupwise 6.5.6 I believe is the latest. There are still bugs with it though but it does work.

Same thing

by jpabst ·

I am trying to work thru the exact thing you described. If I start up Outlook and try to run a POP3 acct, everything works fine except sending a message, that fails. I receive mail and everything else works. GW will work fine, until I start up Outlook and try to use it, then it doesnt work and GW next time I try to use it, click on most anything and it crashes. Reinstalling GW is the only thing that fixes it.

Viewing 2 reply threads