Question

Outlook 2003 Contacts

By ttg4572 ·
We just upgraded the rest of our company to Outlook 2003 and some of our users want their Contacts to show as an Email Address Book but when I walk through the steps to make this happen and right click on the Contacts folder and choose Properties and then go to the Outlook Address Book tab the checkbox to show this folder as an Email Address Book is greyed out and I can not select it. Does anyone know why this is and how I can fix it. On some workstations it is fine but others it is greyed out.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Add Outlook address book

by garrettdowney In reply to Outlook 2003 Contacts

Add an Outlook Address Book by clicking 'Tools' then 'Email Accounts'. Select 'Add new a new directory or address book' and click 'Next'. Select 'Additional address books' and click 'Next'. Select 'Outlook Address Book' and click 'Next'. Restart Outlook 2003 and then the option to show the folder as an Address Book will no longer be greyed out.

Collapse -

Set Contacts as Address Book in Outlook 2003

by gregory7 In reply to Add Outlook address book

You might try this - it worked for me:

First, go Tools --> Email accounts --> View or change existing address books.
Click on Outlook Address Book in the window and click the Remove button. Click Apply and Finish.

Go to Contacts. Click on the title bar to display the dialog box and choose Properties. On the Outlook Address Book tab, click the check box for ?Show this folder as an Outlook Address Book.

Contacts should now display as the Address Book.

Good luck!

Collapse -

"Show this folder" is grayed out

by gcmiller2hu In reply to Set Contacts as Address B ...

The option for "Show this folder as an Outlook Address Book" is grayed out, so I can't click it. I also have no address book showing under Tools/Email accounts/View or change existing address books. When I go to "Other address book types" to try to add one, it is totally blank under the heading "Additional Address Book Types"...I don't see any way to link to my contacts to use them as my address book.

I had been using Outlook 2000, which had a good working address book, then tried Outlook 2007; I had to abandon 2007 because my electronic organizer wouldn't sync with it, so I uninstalled it and went to Outlook 2003. Somewhere along the line I lost my address book. I appreciate any help in fixing this.

Collapse -

This worked for me

by ben.washbourn In reply to Add Outlook address book

Cheers boss!! This worked for me :)

Collapse -

DID YOU GET A SOLUTION

by charles.hawkins In reply to Outlook 2003 Contacts

to this question about greyed out selection on adding contacts to the address book

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums