Question

• Creator
    Topic

Outlook 2003 downloads new messgaes but do not appear in inbox

by billy ·

I am having trouble getting messages to appear in inbox .They show that they download but no messgaes show up anywhere…any ideas? THis is not an exchange account

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by billy ·

In reply to Outlook 2003 downloads new messgaes but do not appear in inbox

Clarifications

Do you have any Rules set here?

by oh smeg ·

If you do there could be an error deleting all incoming E Mail.

Outlook messages

by zlatan24 ·

Perhaps they are missing, in given case try http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/outlook.html The program uses modern facilities allowing to start under any system configurations. Tool recovers emails from any folder of email-client.

Outlook 2003 downloads new messages but do not appear in inbox.

by joel ·

Hi Billy, This is something that I ran into the other day. I had a couple of users at one of my client companies.There would be one or two people that could not receive emails from one or two other users. After checking all of the usual settings and other possibilities, the issue was being caused by a setting change under (in Outlook 2003) Actions—> Junk Email—>Junk Email Options—>”Permanently delete suspected junk email instead of moving it to the junk email folder.” Make sure that this setting is unchecked.Having that set will give the appearence that email messages are not getting to the computer at all. The client is using Outlook 2010 and I suspect that this setting was changed via an update to Office 2010. I hope that this helps.

Viewing 3 reply threads