Question

Outlook 2003 error after closing

By d_g_l_s ·
I get this error after sending email and then closing Outlook 2003. Have tried MS updates and looked for other issues to no avail:
Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. Restart Microsoft Office Outlook. Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Microsoft Office Outlook. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

Have sent them a report and completed the update to SP3 but nothing works.

Any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Have you tried....

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Outlook 2003 error after ...

... letting the message completely send before closing Outlook? Is there something stuck in your outbox? Have you tried just opening outlook, let it completely load, then closing it without doing anything? Have you rebooted?

What operating system and version are you running?

Collapse -

Yes have tried

by d_g_l_s In reply to Have you tried....

all of what you said. Even checked the registry, cleaned the registry, checked for spyware/adware, etc.

Collapse -

Do you have Winfax Pro installed on your system?.

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.

Collapse -

You can try this, it might work,,

You have an add-in installed, probably a COM add-in which is using the explorer extension.
If it wasn't coded properly then I would expect this message.

Go to tools / options / other / advanced options

Near the bottom of the screen you will have buttons for the Add-in manager and for the Comm Add-ins.

Turn them all off, restart outlook, try editing a note and closing outlook - all will be fine.
You can then try turning the add-ins on one at a time to determine which one is screwing up your system.

As a hint, if you have the COM add-in "Windows Live Local for Outlook" then this will definitely be the cause...

Collapse -

This might be helpful to you..

Found this solution on the Osnn.net forum which was related to some outlook calendar problem. The problem seems to be the msmapi32.dll file located in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033"

outlook needs to be closed before doing this

I replaced the current file with and older version of msmapi32.dll (11.0.5601) and renamed the current msmapi32.bak (just in case something went wrong). I then deleted my current outlook profile (I'm using MDaemon connector) and created a new profile. so far no problems.
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=805551&SiteID=17

Collapse -

Could you please send me a copy of the msmapi32.dll?

by dirk.raymaekers-t In reply to This might be helpful to ...

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue after having installed AVG 8.0. Could you please send me a copy of the dll (11.0.5601) ?

My email address is dirk.raymaekers-t@skynet.be

Thanks in advance,
Dirk Raymaekers

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums