Question

Outlook 2003 - Migrate mailbox to new PC

By matt_65 ·
We are going to be rolling out PC's to our organisation soon and the vast majority of our users have been given delegation rights to someone elses mailbox.

At the moment if they move to another PC we have to run them through setting up the mailboxes manually.

With the pending rollout of 200 PC's this is too daughnting for us to consider and are desperately looking for a means to script/GPO/extract the information.

Our environment is Windows XP+SP1, Office 2003 and Exchange 2003.

Can anyone provide some assistance with ways to automate the process?

Thanks in anticipation,

Matt

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

re

by 3xp3rt In reply to Outlook 2003 - Migrate ma ...

You can creat an "Automatically generated PRF file from the Microsoft Office Customization and Installation Wizard". In this case all the clients run this file and this will configure the clients mailbox. Good luck!

Collapse -

I dont think this would work

by matt_65 In reply to re

From what I have read about PRF is that it WONT configure delegated mailboxes that the user has setup, at least that is what I have read.

Again, we have users that have delegated mailbox access to other users mailboxes. We want to be able to script a way that we check that a user has one setup currently (users might have access but not necessarily need it active), and store this somewhere (flat file, MSSQL DB, etc), and then when they login it refers to the DB and add the other users mailbox.

Of course the initial part is our 'wishlist' and would be great if this can be done, at the basics we just need it to be able to automate the setting up of a delegated mailbox.

Thanks,

Matt

Collapse -

Registry

by chris.rowntree In reply to Outlook 2003 - Migrate ma ...

You could run a script that exports this key from the registry as this stores details of all outlook profiles for that particular user:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook

Cheers,

Chris

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)