id="info"

General discussion

outlook 2003 not receiving emails

By barrykathy ·
My outlook 2003 can send emails but has stopped receiving. I now must go to verizon via IE to get my emails. Any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ICB's corner In reply to outlook 2003 not receivin ...

Did you try to send a message to yourself?
The POP3 or IMAP service doesn't work if you don't receive mail. Check the POP3 configuration.
Open Account settings, verify that incoming mail server is corect, and push "Test account setting" button.

Collapse -

by ICB's corner In reply to

It's not an Outlook software issue but it's email settings one.
Do you have email settings? Could be something Like this:
http://netservices.verizon.net/portal/site/msa/index.jsp?case=c2372

Collapse -

by ICB's corner In reply to

To backup your messages, contacts and so on, you should use export to file from menu:File-Import and Export-Export to a File -Personal Folder File (pst)-Select all (Personal Folders).
Select Import from another program or file when you import data.

Collapse -

by barrykathy In reply to outlook 2003 not receivin ...

I went to OUtlook settings and sent a test message, but it did not see such test in my Outlook inbox. I then went to IE and did see that the message is sitting in the Verizon email account. Is there a way I can backup my email account (mail history and addresses) and try reloading Outlook from Office install disk?

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to outlook 2003 not receivin ...

I would first export the files and then delete the User Account in Outlook and recreate it. This is something that I regularly have to do to keep the e-mail account in Outlook active.

But backing up all the data first never goes astray.

Col

Collapse -

Fix Outlook not receiving

by la.hines In reply to outlook 2003 not receivin ...

I had the same problem which Isolved by backing out the latest Outlook update from Microsoft.

Back to Desktop Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums