Outlook 2007 Can't "Send to mail recipient"

By fardy316 ·
Hi all,
I can't use the function "Send to mail recipient" using Windows XP Pro SP2 and Outlook 2007. I know that some post suggest to make Outlook as my default mail client and it's done nothing good on my side. I've tried to set Outlook Express as the default and the option works, but as soon as I put Outlook 2007 the function simply doesn't work. I've also tried the "regsvr32 sendmail.dll" command without success.

Thanks for your time !

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

21 total posts (Page 2 of 3)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Same Problem - Work around does not work

by jrosnow In reply to Nothing Yet

I also do not have an .ost file in C:\Documents and Settings\username\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook. I have .pst files for each account in Outlook, but no .ost file.

When I chose to send a file, it is defaulting to Outlook Express, even though my default in both Outlook, and IE7 is Outlook. Also, my default browser is Firefox and I do not see anyplace to set program options in Firefox for your default mail handler.

Collapse -

New Fix?

by jrosnow In reply to Outlook 2007 Can't "Send ...

After a lot of searching, I found something on a Mozilla Forum.

It was explaining how to set Outlook Express as a default, but I managed to get it working with Outlook 2007.

If you go to Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs> Set program access & Defaults (one the left side bottom) you can choose if you a Computer Manufacturer, Microsoft Windows, Non-Microsoft, or Custom solution. Clicking the double arrows on the right lets you see the option. Choosing one of the 4 and hitting OK will apply the settings. I used custom and after an initial error of having to go into Outlook 2007 again and set it as my default (it already was), it works fine.

Collapse -

Office 2007 mapi32.dll invalid extended mapi library

by robert_stewart65 In reply to New Fix?

After up grading Office 2003 to Office 2007 with the Exchange mangement tools installed, i was getting the "mapi32.dll invalid extended mapi library" when using the send to function in word. the fix is pretty easy. Close your Outlook, in the System 32 Directory run the Fixmapi.exe, then open Outlook and try the send too function in Word... this solution worked for

Collapse -

It works, Thanks

by vuhn In reply to Office 2007 mapi32.dll in ...

I lost the ability to "Send to Mail Recipient" and the command C:\WINDOWS\system32\fixmapi.exe has restored the function.
Thanks a lot!

Collapse -

It does work, thanks a lot

by marc.pichel In reply to It works, Thanks

Nice little fix, which is not really advertised by MS, so thanks indeed!

Collapse -

FIXIMAP.exe worked!!

by ATLTEK In reply to Office 2007 mapi32.dll in ...

Thank you very much! Spent 6 hours tracking down this article.
Go figure... you have a MAPI error, just run the fixMAPI.exe. duh. if only they all were this easy.

Collapse -

This works for me

by christopher_borland In reply to Outlook 2007 Can't "Send ...

If you goto "c:\documents and settings\(username)\sendto" and make a new shortcut with the target pointing to

"c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office12\outlook.exe" /a

Name it whatever you want and then try to right click on a file and choose the shortcut and it should work.

Collapse -

... but not for me

by DBlayney In reply to This works for me

However, what does seem to work, based on a few tests at least is simply to take the precaution of opening Outlook first. I did find that I had to fix the Email Recipient shortcut in "Sendto" as it was pointing at nothing.

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by chennad In reply to This works for me

This post made me think. I lost my SEND TO Outlook link when I installed Thunderbird. TO fix (thanks to this post). I copied the Mail recipient Shortcut (MAPAPI) from another user SEND TO folder on my PC to my USER SEND TO folder and it was repaired. THANKS!

Collapse -

Zombie Alert: OP was from 2007

by robo_dev In reply to Outlook 2007 Can't "Send ...

some sort of record here. IF the poor old sod has been waiting for four years for our help, he's more patient than me,,,

Back to Software Forum
21 total posts (Page 2 of 3)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03   Next

Software Forums