Question

• Creator
    Topic

Outlook 2007 data file missing

by vmarichetty ·

I have a laptop with licensed windows 7 OS with licensed MS OFFICE – 2007 and Mcafee antivirus. I am using outlook 2007 for my mail activity. For past 1 year i am using without any issue. But two days back outlook 2007 shows error like Outlook.pst cannot be found and then “cannot open your default e-mail folders”

I was very upset for the above messages then i will go to c:\users\administrator\local\appdata\microsoft\outlook path but the folder is empty .Both outlook.pst and archives.pst files are missing.

What happened for my files and also let me know how can i recover my files. And also let me know any hotfix is available for Mcafee related to this issue.

This is very important for to me. Because all my official transactions are done by outlook only.

Please help me for this issue……..

Thanks / Regards

Marichetty V

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by vmarichetty ·

In reply to Outlook 2007 data file missing

Clarifications

In the future, keep backups.

by seanferd ·

Also, remove your email address – posting this in public tends to get you lots of spam.

If McAfee did something to the files for whatever reason, it will be in McAfee’s logs and quite possibly in the quarantine. But I’ve never seen or heard of this happening – an AV would pull any offending attachment from the email itself.

If the files have been somehow deleted, best thing you can do is to stop using this computer before anything overwrites the deleted data. Install a file recovery program like Recuva on another computer, slave the drive from your computer into this other computer, and scan for deleted files. (Not in the Recycle Bin, is it?)

Here’s a post with Col’s Big List of recovery apps.
      http://www.techrepublic.com/forum/questions/101-325009

If this data is critical, box up the drive and ship it to a data recovery house, like Kroll Ontrack. Will probably be quite pricey.

Outlook data miss

by zlatan24 ·

Missing outlook data you may restore thanks to http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/outlook.html It displays the number of restored emails, folders, notes. Utility starts under any software configuration and all Windows OS.

Viewing 2 reply threads