Question

Outlook 2007 Freaked Out!

By StealthWiFi ·
Here's the scoop.
I have an Exchange server (2003) setup for hosting email and all PC's are connected to it. 2 Boxes are running Office 2007 the rest 03.

On only ONE of the boxes (one 07 the other is fine) the strangest thing happened, emails that were sorted by hand and placed in folders suddenly moved themselves into the Inbox of the user.

These emails have been in those folders for over a year and never been touched. It is not all the emails in particular folders and there seems to be no other pattern than they are from June of 07 but not all June of 07 emails were moved... None were deleated they were just moved and some even copied over.

I happened to be talking to the user as this happened so I know they were not just screwing around. There are no Outlook rules set and I checked all logs of any one else accessing that users Outlook and absolutly nothing.

I am completly baffled. Anyone ever here of Outlook emails moving themselves out of folders and into a users Inbox?
(There were around 300 emails that moved)

Cheers,

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Yes, I've heard of it and seen it myself....

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Outlook 2007 Freaked Out!

... and it has to do with synchronization, especially if the user has BlackBerry access or frequently uses OWA.

To fix it, I shut down Outlook and deleted all .OST files from the user's profile. Then, restarted Outlook and let it re-synchronize.

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)