Question

• Creator
    Topic

outlook 2007 html emails font too small on screen

by jenkins_tia ·

I have all the updates installed for Vista home Premium with office pro 2007 I cannot have the emails converted to plan text (tried that option) I have outlook 2007 for my email and some of the emails that are incoming in HTML are showing very tiny on screen I cannot keep scrolling to enlarge the font. I have contacted Microsoft and got no help (figures) I have noticed that it mainly happens when there are no pictures just text in the email. This is the only thing I am having problems with. If I adjust the dpi then everything looks too big. This is just now going on for about a week. Anyone else have this problem and got a solution for it.

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by jenkins_tia ·

In reply to outlook 2007 html emails font too small on screen

Clarifications

Here are a few things you can try out,, see which one suites you..

by Anonymous ·

Fortunately, Outlook lets you increase the font size in most emails swiftly. Unfortunately, there are some emails that specify the font in a way that is remarkably resistant to being adapted for your needs. If you encounter such a difficult case you can still resort to the use of a display lens such as the free Virtual Magnifying Glass:
      http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/
      Increase the Font Size While Reading Mail in Outlook

To read mail in a larger font in Outlook:

* Hold down Ctrl while turning the scroll wheel on your mouse down.

In Outlook 2007 and later, alternatively

* Open the message in its own window.
      * Click Other Actions.
      * Select Zoom… from the menu.
      * Choose the desired zoom level.
      * Click OK.

Outlook will not remember the zoom level.

As an alternative to the mouse in Outlook 2000-2003, you can also

* open the message in its own window and
      * select View | Text Size and the desired size from the menu.

Since this does not work with plain text emails (the mouse wheel does), also select Tools | Options… from the menu, go to the Mail Format tab, click Fonts… and use the Choose Font… button under When composing and reading plain text: to choose a bigger font.

Outlook’s Fonts Make You Reach for a Magnifier?
      If you need a magnifying glass to read your emails, something must be wrong ? and it must be righted. Increasing the font size inside messages is easy, but you seem stuck with the tiny font in the message list of Outlook.

Or are you?
      Change the Font Size of the Outlook Message List

To use a custom font and font size in the message list of Outlook:

* Select View | Current View | Customize Current View… from the menu in Outlook.
      o In Outlook 2003, choose View | Arrange By | Current View | Customize Current View….
      * Click Other Settings….
      * Click on Row Font….
      * Choose the desired font, font style and size.
      * Click OK.
      o Optionally, change the font for the column headings as well by clicking Column Font….
      * Click OK again.
      * Click OK once more.

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.

not what was needed

by jenkins_tia ·

In reply to Here are a few things you can try out,, see which one suites you..

I need a way to fix the problme without Magnifying glass or scrowling the mouse this has only hapned within the last month. the problme is with the emails itself not the rows or collums let me try to show you

http://images.fotopic.net/?id=52507621&noresize=1

when you look at this immage click on it to see it full screan

I have to read them in HTML I have outlook 2007

I’m afraid I don’t see the problem….

by thumbsup2 ·

In reply to not what was needed

The size of the font in the email is approximately the same size as the font you’ve set in the buttons on the toolbars. I can read both just fine.

Have you tried adjusting your Windows Theme to a larger font so that all text is a bit larger? Some themes really mess up things like this.

on vista

by jenkins_tia ·

In reply to I’m afraid I don’t see the problem….

I am on vista and have to keep theme alone have someone that pays for computer just noticed that the outlook fonts were very small fount out that it happens when someone writes it as rich text and then it converts it to html (in there outlook settings) when I look at it on yahoo or server font fine but then when outlook gets it it is very tiny

I still don’t see the problem….

by thumbsup2 ·

In reply to on vista

You are comparing what you see in a browser to what you see in Outlook? I’m sorry, but things will NOT look exactly the same between the two. You’re barking up a dead tree there. And, I don’t see a problem with the font being displayed on the email that you showed us. It’s almost exactly the same size as the font used in the THEME which displays text on the Outlook Toolbar. If you can’t read it and refuse to change anything, you’ll just have to live with it.

So far, you have refused to try any of our suggestions with excuses that someone else pays for (or uses) the computer. Have you considered the fact that this “other” person MAY have changed a setting somewhere and you are refusing to go chase it down? You’re acting like a 12 year old child who is playing with Daddy’s computer. Why did you come here looking for help if all you are going to do is give us excuses why you can’t try anything we suggest?

I can see now why you received NO help from Microsoft. I think you’ve reached the end of any support that you’ll receive from this forum as well.

Try reading the guys post.

by brian ·

In reply to I still don’t see the problem….

You might want to get off your high horse and pay attention to what the guy is saying. It only happens with some e-mail. I am having the same problem. It is only in Outlook 2007. The Font that you are seeing is so small you can?t read it. But if you look at the font size it shows 12pt. You should be able to see that with no problem. Outlook is changing the view of the e-mail. So before you let your superiority complex get out of check… stop, listen and learn before you think you know what you?re talking about. Don?t feel like just because you don?t know the answer you have to belittle someone. It?s ok to be wrong sometimes, but I have a feeling this bleeds over into other parts of your life as well

Ok, try this…

by Anonymous ·

In reply to not what was needed

Outlook’s Preview Pane

Use the Tools, Options, Other, Preview Pane (or Reading Pane when using Outlook 2003) dialog to change how messages are marked as read.

You can also access the preview pane options changes by right clicking on the preview pane header in earlier versions of Outlook or on the gray border of the reading pane in Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2003, you can change the location of the reading pane or change the font size used on HTML messages from this dialog.

Change the font size for plain text messages from Tools, Options, Mail Format tab, Fonts button, by changing the plain text font option.

Or try “Simple HTML”.

by Anonymous ·

In reply to Ok, try this…

Or maybe this is what you are looking for….

by Anonymous ·

When you installed Outlook, it set the font for composing (as for reading) mail to “Calibri” or “Arial” ? and “tiny”. If this is not your typesetting dream team, you can adjust the font settings to suit your needs better. Recipients of your emails will be happier, too.

Of course, you can change the default mail font in Outlook to anything you want. Smaller, fancier, bigger, or more conventional ? Outlook accepts them all.
      Change the Default Font Face and Colour in Outlook

To customize the fonts used by default for reading and composing messages as well as replies in Outlook:

* ?? Step by Step Screenshot Walk through

* Select Tools | Options… from the menu.
      * Go to the Mail Format tab.
      * Click Fonts… under Stationery and Fonts.
      * Use the Font… buttons under New mail messages, Replying or forwarding messages and Composing and reading plain text messages to choose the desired font faces, sizes and styles.
      o In Outlook 2003, use Choose Font… for When composing a new message:, When replying and forwarding: and When composing and reading plain text:.
      * Click OK.
      o In Outlook 2003, if stationery is defined to be used by default under Use this stationery by default:, the font specified in it may override the font you have just specified. You can either choose “” as the default stationery, adapt the stationery to include your favourite font, or make Outlook ignore font specified in stationery altogether.
      * Click OK again.

that helps only in plan text

by jenkins_tia ·

In reply to Or maybe this is what you are looking for….

That works for reading plan text emails but not html I am using outlook 2007 so I am about to give up on the fact I will be able to do anyting about it 🙁

If it helps you to see your emails..

by Anonymous ·

In reply to that helps only in plan text

It does not matter if it is in plain text, as long as you can read them. I thought that was the whole idea. 🙂
          If i see an update to what you need then i will post it, but up until then this is the best i can do. Unless anyone knows different!!.

yes it does

by jenkins_tia ·

In reply to If it helps you to see your emails..

it does when you have to deal with the state

Viewing 2 reply threads