Question

Outlook 2007 not showing images

By klotz ·
Can someone advise how I get images to appear in e-mails in Outlook 2007? All I'm seeing are little boxes with an 'X' in them.

I've been into the 'Trust Centre / Automatic Download' window and have deselected the option "Don't download pictures automatically ...", but still I don't get any images. Only the little 'X'.
I'm thinking that there must be another switch somewhere that I'm not aware of.
I'd be grateful for any help.

p.s. I'm not running any other security software that, as far as I know, might prevent images from downloading (I'm only running NOD32 and SuperAntispyware and the plain WinXP firewall and browsing with Firefox 2)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Try this?

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Outlook 2007 not showing ...

"... you can tell Outlook to mark a sender as okay to display images by right clicking an email from them, going to Junk Email, and selecting Add Sender to Safe Sender?s List."

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/05/24/outlook-2007-might-not-suck/

Collapse -

Didn't work

by klotz In reply to Try this?

sorry for delay in responding.
I had already tried your suggestion boxfiddler, but it still doesn't work.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Collapse -

Check out the article below...

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Didn't work

I have included a quote from it. This may be the culprit.

"At the risk of turning this newsletter into a biweekly Microsoft bash, Redmond has done it again. While the IE team was soothing the tortured souls of web developers everywhere with the new, more compliant Internet Explorer 7, the Office team pulled a fast one, ripping out the IE-based rendering engine that Outlook has always used for email, and replacing it with ? drum roll please ? Microsoft Word.

That?s right. Instead of taking advantage of Internet Explorer 7, Outlook 2007 uses the very limited support for HTML and CSS that is built into Word 2007 to display HTML email messages."

http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2007/01/10/microsoft-breaks-html-email-rendering-in-outlook/

Collapse -

by pcs In reply to Outlook 2007 not showing ...

Go to ie 7 and click on tools and make sure that "Work Offline" is not checked. If ie 7 is in "Work Offline" mode it will cause outlook 2007 to not download pictures.

Collapse -

you're a lifesaver!

by player90247 In reply to Outlook 2007 not showing ...

I've googled this problems and viewed so many pages and this fixed my problem. Thank you.

Collapse -

by bhickshu In reply to Outlook 2007 not showing ...

Check the proxy server setting on the Connections Tab > Lan Settings. Mine was turned on somehow. I don't even use IE

Collapse -

Worked still in 2010.

by CIO2Go In reply to Outlook 2007 not showing ...

Well that was interesting. IE working offline mode blocking pictures in Outlook. Thanks for the Tip.

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by redbird225 In reply to Outlook 2007 not showing ...

Thank you so much for sharing this simple yet important fix.

Collapse -

To see images in Outlook 2007

by estapleton In reply to Outlook 2007 not showing ...

Unblock picture downloads for all messages
On the Tools menu, click Trust Center, and then click Automatic Download.
Clear the Don't download pictures automatically in HTML e-mail messages or RSS items check box.

Collapse -

To see images in Outlook 2007

by aviofrane In reply to To see images in Outlook ...

The following worked for me:
Tools/Options/Mail Format - Uncheck the HTML option that says "Reduce the file size of the image by removing formatting information etc....."

Back to Browser Forum
13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next

Software Forums